It’s that thyme again. Fry thyme.
I promise this is last fry recipe I’ll give you. I can’t promise that I’ll keep that promise, though.
I wanted something tastier than the standard veggie fry. I used real maple syrup to get that nice chewy caramelization factor along with dried thyme mainly because I’ve been trying to incorporate it into more recipes. It definitely doesn’t get loved like my garlic powder and sea salt do.
It’s thyme for that to change.
Maple Thyme Root Fries
- 4 parsnips
- 3 large carrots
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp real maple syrup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel parsnips (no need to peel carrots). Cut into fry shapes.
- Place on sprayed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, maple syrup, minced garlic, thyme, and sea salt. Toss to combine.
- Roast for about 35 minutes, flipping halfway through.
I’m lucky to be blessed with really good handwriting, which definitely comes in handy with recipe writing.
I really hope you find the thyme to make these. I found mine at Trader Joe’s, of course.
*PS- I’ve moved to Hummusapien.com! (Previously hummusapien.wordpress.com)