I’m obsessed with cute little single serving quiches.
…that are crustless.
And full of keeeeeeenwahhh.
And this awesome organic grass-fed cheddar from the farmer’s market (pictured next to the world’s best granola).
You can get creative and stuff these with any kind of cheese and veggie. I’m already dreaming about the possibilities. Who needs crust when there’s quinoa, ya know?
They’re portable, pop-in-your-mouthable, and portion-controlled.
Does portion control go out the window when you eat like, 4?
Broccoli and Cheese Quinoa Quiches
-makes about 12 (you may have some batter leftover), inspired by these
- 1 large head of broccoli, diced into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 3/4 – 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin liberally with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook your quinoa: Place 1/2 cup dry quinoa and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and then simmer, covered for 15 minutes. You’ll have some left over.
- While quinoa is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat and add oil. Add chopped broccoli, garlic and onion. Sautee for about 10 minutes, or until softened. You may want to steam your broccoli if you prefer it very soft. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together eggs and milk for about a minute. Add cheddar, cooked veggies, salt and pepper.
- Pour batter into muffin tins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
I ate two of these for breakfast this morning with some coffee + soymilk + honey, and they actually filled me up till lunch. I even brought oatmeal too anticipating the hunger. WEEEEEEEEEEEIRD.
Does any one else think these would be an adorable appetizer?
And no, portion control most definitely does not go out the window when you eat 4. Single serving shmingle shmerving.