I figured we should catch up on the daily eats since it’s been quite some time since I did a What I Ate Wednesday post. I can hardly stand going through a whole day’s worth of eats when the simplest, most delish recipe is waiting at the end. But I’ll try.
Patience my friends, patience.
Head over to Peas and Crayons for more WIAW!
Leftover banana peanut butter oatmeal with leftover quinoa + vanilla soymilk mixed in + a couple crumbled peanut butter pretzels.
Homemade pumpkin protein bar with dark chocolate almond butter eaten in the car on the way to a meeting.
Plus tall coffee with soymilk and one pump of pumpkin spice. Much cheaper than a soy pumpkin latte!
Small portion of leftover quinoa quiche with zucchini.
Mama Pea’s greek veggie burger + tahini sauce with spicy sweet tater fries + ketchup.
These veggie burgers are super simple and absolutely delicious! I subbed cannelini beans for chickpeas, white whole wheat flour for oatmeal, and mixed greens for spinach. Trader Joe’s feta with Italian herbs really took it over the top.
Chocolate zucchini muffin— a go to classic that I found in the freezer from the batch we made last month.
These fries are the best side dish because they’re portion controlled, crispy, and spiced perfectly. After I finished eating them I thought, “Well, I could easily eat this three more times.” There’s always lunch….
Spicy Sweet Tater Fries
- 1 small/medium sweet potato
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- *sprinkle of chipotle chilli pepper
- *sprinkle of smoked paprika
- olive oil cooking spray
*You can leave out the last two spices if you prefer these less “spicy,” but I highly advise leaving them in!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice sweet potato into fry shapes.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place sweet potato slices on sheet and sprinkle with all the spices.
- Spray the potatoes with cooking spray again and toss to combine. Make sure they are spread in an even layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through and checking near the end to avoid burning. They should be spotted!
- Remove from oven and devour.
I apologize ahead of time if every meal from here on out has a side of these taters.
I added a “Humbelievable Blogs” page
I added a “Food Philosophy” page
Happy reading foodie friends!